Monday, February 25, 2019

Voter Woes

My daughter has been inquiring about her voter identity card. I have told her that it will take a month or two to arrive. She filled up the registration form  online. And she believes that she will get her voter identity card faster compared to registering the offline way.I hope her belief is strengthened & she gets her card soon.

Contrast this with the indifference of my husband who is hardly bothered that he is not on the voters list. About why, he is not there on the list till now, calls for another story & its better left to another blog post.

My husband has rather very strong political views .And add to that , the fact, that he spends his free time engaged in listening to speeches of the the party he loves ! Sorry, maybe, not the party, but the leader he loves.

Since my nagging yielded no results , I used coercion. I told him that his party will lose by one vote because my husband will not be able to vote. Yet, my husband remained steadfast .Rather, he said that he is fine if I did all the groundwork for him. Meaning, that I must fill up the form so that he gets a voter card .Political parties who are trying to form partnerships, to go for it together, in the elections need to learn from me & my husband ! This is so, as I & my husband hold divergent views on all things political ( among so many things ) .

I tried filling up the forms & received no confirmation that the registration  was done.I thought maybe , it got done & was relaxed. A month later, releases in press urging voters to register, filled me with new enthusiasm. So much so, that I felt ,I need to convince, at least one person to get enrolled as voter. And as Charity begins at home ..even this should start at home.

So once again I started on my task. This time after repeated attempts, I finally did it. I got a confirmation that the registration has been accepted. By the time , I finished doing this, I had almost memorized the form !

And then we went & submitted the documents at the voter registration centre nearby. My husband accompanied me ....despite me & he not seeing eye to eye on most matters.

Before I conclude, I have two voter identity cards.....so even if my husband gets his card, the party I vote for or the neta I put my stamp on ,will win by that solitary vote !!!

As they say...everything is fair in love & war & in Elections ...especially in voting !!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...