Sunday, March 22, 2009

Paucity of time ? !

I was of the opinion, that honesty was an aspect, which had started dwindling in these times, so I was rather surprised, when most of my friends n relatives replied that they would comment on my novel only after they had read the same.I argued, that I just needed, a one line comment, as the site allows only a 100 character comment but, I was told ,that how wud anybody comment without reading the book ?

Now,that is something I wud like 2 comment on.Some very close friends did read the whole novel & commented though i wud hav been happy with their comments only.I am extremely grateful to them.I did suggest in my reminder emails that one needs 2 read paragraphs on numerous pages or just 1 r 2 pages n then sign up & comment.I hav to say this-( after umpteen reminders requesting people to comment ) that I hav been put off by the acts of honesty that they are donning.I feel, that some r just putting on the honesty robe 2 avoid commenting & of course, to dilly dally the one favour ,I am asking of them.

I hav also heard replies like ,"U know,I just don't hav the time to read it.How 2 comment without reading ?" As 1 of my friends had said ( so true the words ring now on reflection )that all have the same amount of time @ their disposal -1 only needs 2 hav the inclination to do something & then 1 can find time 2 do that task- be it meeting friends,relaxing,any hobby,watching a movie,reading a book,et al.It is not that I have more than 24 hours @ my disposal & others hav only 24 hours in a day.It is only a question of how 1 manages time rather than the other way round.

I am a housewife now -so many will argue that a working woman has hardly any time for simple pleasures -quite true but can't she do something about it even if it is like qutting the job 2 hav some time 4 herself ? I think many ladies keep on working outside homes under the fear that " what will i do if i quit ?"Actually,there r innumerable things 2 do once u leave ur job.u will find that u r more busy than when u were working. Later, in life,I am so sure,many of us will only regret & sigh that they never did get 2 do things they wanted to as there was no time-frankly becoz they felt, that the job was more important than their failing health,the scream of their kids,the loneliness of the elders,the companionship of the spouse etal.
as some one told me the other day,"I am so busy in office that i dont get time 2 read ur novel on the office pc ."Well, i think,that sums up, the fact, that till date, only 20 near & dear ones hav commented on my work which counts 2 nothing as my novel was posted online by 26th January,2009.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...