Friday, November 23, 2012

The picture

This post is part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda


This picture evokes memories of our family trip to Goa. This was about three years back.My daughter was at an age, where she would be able to fondly recall about her family outing & we decided on this trip.It helped, that my brother & family had recently concluded a similar trip to Goa.

 It was a package tour.Breakfast was on the house & even dinner.Every morning ,there was an outing to a place nearby for exploring.Evenings were free for us to shop & stroll. It was the first morning after we had landed in the resort the evening before.We hurried up with our breakfast.We gobbled up all that was there.Because ,lunch was on our cost !

The bus was waiting to take us on our first local trip. We went & sat down in the bus after having got comfortable seats.It was a pleasant morning.There was a cool breeze.It was October.The bus started after all guests had occupied their seats. The first stop was to be the Aguada Fort.

We reached the fort.We got down.The guide who had accompanied us in the bus gathered us all & started speaking about the fort.He said that a part of it was Central jail where many prisoners were kept.He showed us around & then told us that after fifteen minutes,all were expected back in the bus to move on to the next destination.

 We were all on our own now.We explored the vast spaces of the Fort.The space fascinated us all, as many of us ,were from cities where space crunch is the only reality.My husband & kid were walking around.I had the camera.I started clicking pictures randomly. Then I saw an opening of a door- without the door.I felt, that this was a good photo opportunity.I started to click & at that moment,a foreign national- a teenage girl ,with a scarf wrapped on her head just walked into my picture frame !

 I had seen her with her dad & brother - this is my guess.She was not Indian.Maybe, from the Gulf.She was fully covered.She was fiddling with her camera as well.I don't know, when she walked into my picture.I was spellbound ! There was no time for another click of the camera.We could hear the guide, calling us all back into the bus for our onward journey. I gathered my kid & hurried up to the bus with hubby, in tow.

I was wondering about the photograph.I was just an amateur.I felt awesome, having clicked that snap.I would have to wait till we reached home after our trip.Then, only, would I be fully able to comprehend the photograph in its entirety. I clicked many snaps on our Goa trip.We did go on many trips after that.Still, that snap, is one of the best clicked by me.Moreover ,that girl with the head scarf holding camera in her hands in the photograph, has given a new perspective to it !

 The door opening with the girl, looks like a photo frame.I simply love that photo ! Though the girl is framed in the snap,I feel it is my talent, that has been framed, vide that picture ! And that too, for posterity !

2 comments:

Ankit Mahato said...

Nice experience .. :)

Do catch out my entry
http://ankitmahato.blogspot.in/2012/11/strolling-down-memory-lane.html

vasrao@gmail.com said...

Thanks ! Will surely look @ ur post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...